I started by using the main color to join the pieces together per the instructions but did not like the look of it. It was too contrasting.Whip stitching the pieces together made it a tedious process to undo placement mistake. Prowling through the CrochetMe blog, I found others were slip stitching the pieces together using the dominant color between the motifs. I used this method. Any placement mistake was easily 'unzip' by pulling the thread, undoing the chain of the slip stitches. I also like how using dominant color between the tiles made it flow better- like using the right color grout between tiles. To make it easier I color up the motif chart to make it easier to keep track that of the motifs I was joining.
The finished product is beautiful, soft and cozy. However, I think it is a bit small than I like. I currently cozy up to a gorgeous quilt my good friend C made for my 50th. Birthday. I want to make it closer to that size. I ordered more yarn and I am in the process of making more of the Moorish tiles motifs to enlarge the afghan. Will update again.
|Deciding which color to use to join motif|
|Color up chart to make placement easier|
|Keeping track of diamond motifs|
|All motifs used up|
|Way smaller than the gorgeous birthday quilt my friend C made for me|