Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tuscan Kale Chips

I was at the Farmers Market two weeks ago when I saw some gorgeous Tuscan Kale. I decided to finally try making Tuscan Kale Chips that have been popularized by Bona Appetit magazine. I am sharing the Bona Appetit link but really it could not be simpler. It is literally: -

12 Tuscan Kale leaves, rinsed, dried, cut lengthwise in half, remove center rib and stem, toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, arrange in single layer on 2 baking sheet, roast in preheated 250F oven for 30-33 minutes. Thank you, Bona Appetit - it is ingenius!

I love that this healthy snack is baked instead of fried. During one of last trips back to Malaysia, I snacked on Fried Spinach (Bayam) chips. Spinach leaves were deep fried- utterly delicious but not so healthy. I think I will try to bake some Spinach leaves next and see how it compares with the fried version. For your information, the Baked Tuscan Kale Chip has the texture and taste a bit like Nori (seaweed).





No comments:

Post a Comment