Saturday, October 25, 2008

Why the delay in postings

Was just looking at unposted "post", all there to be edited. What is the delay? Is it the perfectionist in me? Making sure it is just right? Ha, ha, not if you have read by blog- typo, spelling and grammatical horror! Maybe, I am editing it to portray myself the way I want the world to view me? I hope not!! Hmm, maybe there is a little editing there...... if I being honest. Hey, who wants to put herself out there as being _____ (whatever fills that blank!). Still I think it is essentially Me and my beloved family. It is hard because you always want to be portray everyone in good light. Plus it is hard to write about hard times. I guess that is why I never truly kept a journal. Heaven forbid, if it fells into the wrong hands. That is then to imply that there would be "juicy" stuff to be ashamed off!!! Ha, ha. I think I have lived a fairly normal life.......

Hah! Feels good to ramble on. Maybe that is why people keep journal. Was just reading Sister C's blog. Her attempts in keeping a journal in her younger days (yes, you are still young). It so reminds me of me at that age. I too tried and failed with journals. Repeatedly. I see that my Daughter L has the same problems. In my annual spring cleaning, I come across numerous journals she had started.....at best a dozen pages then cold silence. Ha,ha. I remember she had a coach that wanted them to keep a journal of their soccer / sports which they had to " show" him, weekly. There they could rant about the game, fellow players, how they felt, about the coach etc. Anything that affected their game. She invariable forgot to write in her journal. Okay, maybe that is not a fair comparison as you know someone is going to read it. Or maybe, she was just plain lazy. Yes, my sisters she can be lazy too. She is human.

I digress. Actually I take that back. Daughter L example is like Me. She is like Me. We both are writing or not writing because we know it is going to be read. Make sense????

This is what happens when you wake up at 6 am to bake Rock Buns for your daughter's breakfast so that she has something in her tummy before she takes the ACT examination! You ramble on nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment