Friday, November 11, 2011

Mango, Mango

This year the strange spring we had that had turned cold again after the mango flowers set, meant that most of the fruit never set. I thought there was only one mango on the tree this year that I saw. I had been meaning to pluck it for a week or so now but never got around to it. Today, after discovering the fallen banana tree, it was time. When I bent down to cut off the fruit, I notice another mango, actually 2 other mangoes were on the ground. I will be making cuttings of this Manila Mango for my new garden


Mango must have been knocked down by the wind



Guess who is having Mango for dessert?




2 comments:

  1. wow Helen, you can actually grow mango in san diego? awesome...wish auckland is warm enough...pity it isn't. mangoes cost a bomb! i have sitting on my altar, it is kinda ripe but not quite...aussie mango...$3.99 each!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am surprised you can grow mangoes there in San Diego! Anyway, mango costs a bomb in Malaysia too.

    ReplyDelete