Thursday, August 16, 2012

White Meatball

On Tuesday, I went to Sprouts Farmers Market in Eastlake to buy some corn for my son A. For the past 4 years he has had braces on his teeth and has not been able to eat corn on the cob easily. Imagine, not being able to eat jagung, the pasar malam favorite!! Long story short, that day, he finally had the braces removed and his first request was for corn and some apples.

While I was there I stopped by the meat department. Meatball came to mind!! I decided I would experiment and make a different kind of meatball, a healthier meatball. That how I came up with the White Meatball - Turkey and Pork, the other white meats. Even if I have to say so myself, they turned out pretty delicious. So delicious that I am blogging about it before I wash the dishes!!



White Meatball
2 lbs of ground turkey
1 lb ground ground pork
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of whole milk
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs ( from 4-5 pieces of bread)
3 cloves of garlic, minced finely
1 onion, finely diced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon dried italian herbs

Method
Preheat oven to 350F.Lightly oil two baking sheet or use a Silpat to line the baking sheets. Set aside.


Put the ground turkey and ground pork in a large mixing bowl. Add the minced garlic, chopped onions, chopped parsley, dried Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Add in the fresh breadcrumbs. Roughly mix the ingredients together. Lightly beat the 3 eggs together with 12/ cup of milk. Add egg/milk mixture to the meat mixture. Incorporate the beaten eggs into the mixture and lightly bring all ingredients together.

Wet your hands. Take a small handful of meat mixture and roll it between your palms to form 1 1/2 (one and half)  inch size meatballs. The mixture made 3 dozen meatballs.

Bake in 350F oven for 35-40 minutes. ( I baked mine at 350F convection for 30 minutes)

Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Saute 1 mince garlic in the olive oil until lightly golden. Pour in a jar of your homemade or favorite store bought marinara sauce. Add baked meatballs and simmer the meatballs in the marinara sauce for 15-20 minutes. Serve with linguini or spaghetti.


No comments:

Post a Comment