Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chronological traits, things aliens and constant



























I have been incredibly busy the weeks leading to the close of 2011 and these weeks of the new year of 2012. My mind wanders to topics I want to blog, my fingers itch to hit the keyboards but alas time is not to be found. But more then that, what holds me back more, is a stubborn streak in me. My need to do things in a chronological manner.


A smile is upon my face, even as my fingers hit the keyboard. A few minutes ago, I spoke to my daughter L who is in college and talked about this. I was telling her I realize that we are more alike then we previously thought. Dear daughter had been telling me this past semester how she struggled with her section discussions because they were not working chronologically. I admit I was less sympathetic then......I told her that I felt that my blogging has now come to a standstill because I could not blog more current events before earlier ones!! She burst out laughing and what like,"I know, right?" Looks like I pass on the Chronological trait! We had a good laugh about it. I told her I was making a change.


Which brings about this post. I am going to blog out of "sequence." Christmas will have to come after this 2012 post!! I am going to do something "alien" to me. Enjoy these pictures of an "alien encounters" I took on the road to Palm Desert to my son's lacrosse tournament.

We were driving down the winding mountain road to Palm Desert, when I spied this unusual cloud formation. I kept taking pictures of it as we cleared the rock formation/mountain side that block its view, at each bend.  



























As we came around the bend, I notice this unusual shaped cloud and was immediately captivated! Dear husband obliged me, slowing down at each bend. I think he continues to be amused by what thrilled me even after almost 27 years of marriage :)

Looks like I was not the only one who thought the cloud formation was a little "alien". The truck ahead of us pulled to the side of the road to get a better look at the cloud. "Alien Spaceship" anyone???





























The wind was whipping around and rain was coming down, giving it a eerie feeling.
































The sky was stormy and the cloud kept changing shape. Rain showers poured down intermittently. However, by the time we cleared the mountain and reached the desert floor, beautiful blue sky welcomed us. 


The picture at the start of the blog, is of the Empire Polo Field in Indio, CA is where  my son played his lacrosse tournament. You can still see the cloud I followed down through the mountain. It was blue skies, gorgeous emerald green fields, palm trees and the mountains in the background. This is winter is California!! I love how they used the huge orange balloons to mark the fields. So cool, so easy to find the field you need to be on!


Something that was not alien was the wonderful time we had together as a family. We always have good times when we are together. Daughter L was back from college. It has been a long time since all four of us have been together - the teasing was endless, the laughter hearty, the lacrosse intense, the food good and sleep was welcome after each long day. Our new Temecula house was our base for the weekend. 








No comments:

Post a Comment