Sunday, May 17, 2015

"More Mexican Everyday" - Rick Bayless

May 17, 2015

To say I have a weakness for cookbooks is an understatement of gigantic proportions. Was by Costco the other day, when I spied Rick Bayless " More Mexican Everyday. I just had to have it. But I have a self imposed moratorium on buying more cookbooks.... It has to meet some criterias.

My rationales for the book: I love that he has starter preparation /marinade, which he calls his secret weapons. I love making my own seasoning versus buying store bought ones with additives. Hey, he also had a whole chapter on using rice cooker for his Mexican rice dishes. I MEAN, HOW COULD I SAY NO to this book. Happy, happy is the owner of the book. I look at it almost everyday lately.
So far I have made the Green Chili Adobo (Adobo de Chile Verde) and the Roasted Garlic Mojo (Mojo de Ajo Asado). It was 11:30 p.m and the smell of whole cloves of garlic and green serrano chilis slow roasting in the pan filled the house. Yummy to the X degree! 

Most of the garlic went towards making the Roasted Garlic Mojo. The balance was processed with the charred serrano chilies, parsley and cilantro into the Green Chili Adobo. Bottle of each sits in my refrigerator ready for cooking Mexican dishes.



The smaller jar of Green Chili Adobo, I used in making a tasty couscous side dish. So easy, it was right there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment