Sunday, August 9, 2015

Manila Mangoes 2015

August 3, 2015

Nothing like counting your Mangoes before...before they become full size! This year the Mango tree was full of flowers and many fruits set this season.
April 2015
So far, they continue to get bigger. Most years I am lucky if I get about a half a dozen mangoes. Let me clarify, I get those numbers with me neglecting the tree; not fertilizing or tending to it. Mostly, I admire the number of flowers or fruits. Life is too busy. Shamefully, I have also been guilty of neglected harvesting the fruit, only to find rotten fruit at base of tree... I know.  I don't know why but BH always seem surprise when he catches me devouring a mango and I tell him it is from our tree. He does not think of it as a productive tree. I don't deserve the Mango tree.

This Mango tree had doubled in size due to some to my landscapers playing with the irrigation controller. Despite repeated reminders not to mess with the settings...sigh. I had faint hopes of transplanting this tree to Temecula but now it is too big a tree. I do not think it is feasible. Instead, I have trying to marcot or air layer the branches.

June 6, 2015
June 17, 2015


June 17, 2015

The Mango are growing bigger rapidly. More have fallen off. I have not counted how many are on the tree but it looks like a decent number. Looks like there is going to be some good eats.

August 3, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment