- 3 cups of flour
- 2 cups Swan Down Cake Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter,cut into 1 inch cubes. Essential that the cubes are soft and at room temperature
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Strawberries hulled and cut into halves
- Duncan Hines Vanilla Whipped Frosting, 16.2 oz
- Yellow and Brown coloring
- Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolate
- Smuckers low sugar strawberry preserves
Combine wet ingredients 7 through 9 in a large glass measuring cup and whisk to combine.
Combine dry ingredients 1 to 5 in bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix on low speed until combined. Slowly add soften butter cubes, increasing to medium speed as mixture combines. Mix until just coated with flour.
With mixer at medium speed add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scrapping down sides before each addition. Beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat.
Divide batter evenly among liners with cookie or ice cream scoop. Fill liner 1/3 full, top with half a strawberry and top with batter until the liners are 2/3 full. Bake in oven until a cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean, about 17 to 20 minutes depending on oven. Cool.
Tint the whipped frosting with tiny bits of yellow and brown food coloring until you get pasta color. Be careful to add color bit by bit or it will be too yellow.
Arrange cupcakes close together in a lasagna pan. Spread a thin layer of frosting for on the cupcakes. Put remainder tinted frosting into a zip lock bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag. Snip a 1/8 inch corner form the bag. Pipe frosting all over the cupcake to make spaghetti, piling it high and allowing some of the spaghetti to hang over the edges.
Unwrap the chocolate and toss with strawberry preserves. Spoon meatballs over `spaghetti' and drizzle extra sauce over.