Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 8 and 9

Day 8 - what can I say? I am down with the flu.... I blame those beautiful people that traipsing through my house on Saturday before the Baronial Dance to take pictures. Some 15 or so couples plus parents and even a grandfather was here to take pictures! Lots of hugs. For a few days before the Baronial daughter L was saying she hoped that she would not fall sick as there was (is) a flu bug running around the school. Well, she was unscathed but your truly went down.....

Day 8 was a bust as far as food preparation goes. I was beginning to feel bad.Thankfully, husband bought some Sui Mai from the Filipino restaurant. We were going to have that for dinner with a little something else on the side. I peeled some ikan bilis to make more ikan bilis sambal. Still had plenty of Nasi Lemak left over. Husband took over and actually cook the sambal and heat up food as I rested. Dear son made me hot green tea. Nice.

Day 9 - Pretty sick now. Rested most of the day until time for daughter's soccer game. Had to go watch. Their regular goalie was out on injury, sweeper and another defender had hurt knees and ankles. Daughter has never recovered from the sprained ankle since the first game. Still needed it to be tapped up before every game. It was not a pretty game. They lost.....

Husband suggested we go out to dinner to spare me from cooking. As I collapse on the sofa I agreed. But lying there and thinking about the effort it takes to go out and then rush back for Son's martial art class, I mustered up my last ounce of energy and headed to the kitchen. All the while husband is asking if I am sure I want to cook.....

  1. Cooked basmati rice- lower glycemic index than regular white rice. I either cook brown rice or basmati rice for dinner....if I am cooking rice.
  2. Took out pork bones from freezer. Rinse and pop into pressure cooker together with water. Cut up some daikon radish, add to pot. Added some Kai Chee (Goji berry?) and some Yoke Chuk (Polygonatum), salt and peppercorn to pot. Pressure cooked for 20 minutes. Good soup from frozen bones - got to love it!!
  3. Defrost some tiger prawns for Chayote and Prawn Curry. Delicious.
Dinner was very satisfying. Hot soup felt so good and exactly what I needed. The Tiger Prawns were very sweet and the curry gravy probably made us ate more than we should.A hot cup of green tea and NCIS on tv and I was fast asleep on the sofa and missed Fringe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment